Zway CRM allows you to create Invoices to collect payment for your goods, products and services.
CRM Invoices are linked to every part of the CRM, so that Invoices can be raised for everything you sell and do.
CRM has a set process to manage and send invoices, however, as always, you are not forced to use that process. You can create invoices from many different places in CRM
CRM Invoices List View
- Open the list view of existing invoices by clicking on either the fast button on your main coversheet “See and Edit invoices” or by clicking “Invoices” from your CRM Coversheet, or by clicking on CRM, then selecting Invoices from the left-hand menu.
- A picture of the list view of Invoices is below.
- The normal list-view filters and column selectors are on top left.
- You can see both expired (Archived) invoices and Live (Active) invoices by selecting the relevant button
- Archived Invoices are those that have gone through the entire process and have been marked as paid.
- The list view allows you to see at a glance the following information:
- Invoice Number
- Invoice Date
- Amount of Invoice
- Current status
- Invoiced Company
- Relevant Contact
- Due Date for payment
- Linked Opportunities
- Actual payment dates
- Type of Invoice (payable or for advice only)
- From the list view, there are also a few quick links to enable quick processing without the need to open or edit the Invoice. They are shown below:
- Archive – Even when not paid, you can still “Archive an invoice if you wish. This is better than cancelling it if you want to keep the automatic invoice numbers
- Mark the invoice as paid – Zway CRM is linked to your Bank via your accounts package integration, however, you can manually mark an invoice as paid quickly here.
- Print. This enables you to print a full copy of the Invoice and save it to disk or print it out or even send via email to client.
Opening an Invoice
- Open an existing Invoice by clicking on the blue link for the Invoice Number on list view
- This will open the information sheet for the invoice
Creating a new Invoice
- From List view of Invoices click on “Add new”
- Or select the + sign on the Invoices box in the Coversheet for CRM
- This will open a new Invoice form. See below Editing an existing Invoice for more information
Editing an existing Invoice
- From list view you can click on the pencil icon to open an invoice edit form. This is the same form that opens when you select “Add New Invoice”
- The picture below shows the form that appears:
- The Invoice date and the Invoice number appear automatically. The date can be changed. The Invoice number is pre-set from Administration / CRM Admin / Invoice numbering but can also be changed
- The pink boxes on this form show mandatory information
- Every Invoice can be paired to any Order and IF you have an outstanding order for this client / contact, then the order can be selected from the drop-down list
- The currency of the Invoice can be changed but will auto-fill as per the settings you have in your Administration / General admin / My Company set up
- The invoiced item may be pre-filled if you have started this invoice from within a product, project or opportunity or if you are linking time sheets that are part of a Project.
- As above, if this is part of a Project, the Project name will be auto-filled or you can select from the drop-down box
- Select a due date for the invoice to be paid.
- The contact below the Company name is the contact to which the Invoice will be sent. If you need to send an invoice to a Company (without a specific contact), then all you need to do is enter an “Enquiries@” email address in your CRM under the relevant company. Treat the Enquiries@ as a contact for this use.
- Your company may have several bank accounts into which you wish to receive money. Please select the bank you want to use. These bank details are already pre-set (or should be) in Administration / General admin / My Company set up
- Set the type of Invoice this is. In some cases (if payment has already been made on account or collected via eg: Paypal) then you may want to show invoice for Advice only. Or you can send an invoice that IS payable
- If the invoice is already paid, or if you want to edit it when payment is received, then click the box “Mark as Paid” and add the payment date if not today.
- The description text is free type and lets you add more information to the foot of your invoice that will be sent to the client.
- Add the button to say whether the Invoice is linked to an Order or a specific Opportunity (if no order exists).
Printing and Sending invoices
You can print an invoice directly from the list view. See above for details.
Alternatively, open the invoice from the list view first by clicking on the blue invoice number and the invoice print screen will appear with option to print on top right as shown below.
Once the invoice in printable form is shown on screen, you may save it to disk as PDF or XLS format or you can opt to send the invoice to a client directly from the system via email.
See below pictures to show how this looks.
The invoice will then show on the screen with your logo branding and all of your notes and requirements set out clearly.
The place to select “send to client via email is circled below
Sending Reminders to Pay to Customers
- CRM Invoices has an additional cool feature that allows you to set up “chasing emails” IF the Invoice status remains “Unpaid” after you send to client.
- You can pre-set these reminders in the Invoice Admin section and they can be as many as you like.
- See below how the invoice reminders can be pre-designed and sent whenever you wish
- You may even design exactly what text goes into each mail.
- You may also design which email address the reminder is sent from!
Invoices Integration with Accounting
See Xero Integration help files. Additional Integration is available to Sage and Quickbooks.